Things you should know, and what you should discuss with your Cosmetic Surgeon Miami
Cosmetic surgery, also known as plastic surgery, may seem like the easiest way to turn back the hands of time or to create a slim physique. If you are unhappy with the way you look in the mirror, a plastic surgeon Miami might be able to help you look and feel better.
All types of plastic surgery, however, have risks associated with them. If you are thinking about having cosmetic surgery, here are some things you should know.
Things to Consider Beforehand
Cosmetic surgery is a drastic step in changing your appearance. It alters the parts of your body you don’t like, even though they function normally. Before going ahead with surgery, take some time to consider the following.
- Expectations – Although cosmetic surgery is quite technologically advanced, it does have its limitations. Expect improvement, but don’t expect perfection. If you expect your facelift doctor in Miami to make you into the next big movie star, you might be disappointed. Having plastic surgery won’t fix a broken relationship, improve your social standing or help you get that promotion.
- Expense – Most health insurance plans do not cover cosmetic surgery. The cost of the procedure varies depending on what you want done, but it can range anywhere between a few hundred to several thousand dollars. Keep in mind after-care is also a monetary concern.
- Risks – It might happen that you are dissatisfied with the results of your cosmetic surgery. It is rare, but it does happen. Also, complications sometimes arise during surgery such as excess bleeding, infection, etc. Be sure to discuss with your tummy tuck doctor Miami, any risks associated with the particular type of surgery you plan to have.
- Recovery – Depending on the type of plastic surgery you have, it may take anywhere from a few days to a few months to recover completely. Before jumping into cosmetic surgery with both feet, be sure to consider the amount of recovery time you might need, and how the procedure might affect your personal and professional life afterward.
- Emotional changes – While plastic surgery does help improve self-esteem, it is not a cure for depression or other types of mental health conditions.
Finding a Qualified Plastic Surgeon Miami
If you decide to move forward with cosmetic surgery, you will most likely have many a plastic surgeon Miami from which to choose. The best thing to do is pick one who specializes and is certified in the particular procedure you want done. Look for certifications from well-known organizations such as the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Be leery of certifications you don’t recognize or ones that might be self-designated.
Meeting your Face Lift Doctor in Miami
Once you have decided on a face lift doctor in Miami, make a consultation appointment. During this appointment, the doctor will evaluate the parts of your body that you want fixed, and you will provide your medical history, list of medications and be able to ask any questions you may have. Below are some questions you might want to ask during this initial visit.
- Am I a good candidate for this type of procedure?
- Are there other less-invasive treatments that work just as well?
- How many times have you performed this surgery?
- Can I see before and after photos of your previous patients?
- How many surgeries/procedures do I need to get the results I want?
- What other surgical options are available, and what are the pros and cons?
- Are the results permanent?
- Will anesthetic be required?
- Will I need to stay in the hospital afterward?
- What complications are possible?
- What kind of follow-up care will I need?
- How much does the surgery cost?
Keep in mind that you are more likely to be satisfied with the results of your surgery if you work closely with your Miami liposuction specialist to establish clear, achievable goals beforehand. Even if you find a surgeon you like, whose services you can afford, ultimately, the decision to proceed with cosmetic surgery is yours alone. Make sure you are comfortable with all the decisions you make.
The Plastic Surgery Institute of Miami
Because plastic surgeons are a dime a dozen in Miami, we know it can be difficult wading through all the options. It is important to find a quality surgeon that you like and can afford. At The Plastic Surgery Institute of Miami, we have world-class plastic surgeons, a state-of-the-art fully accredited facility and a warm and knowledgeable staff just waiting to make you feel at home as soon as you walk through our doors.
Within PSI of Miami are three of the best cosmetic surgeons in the area. Each is board certified and has a great bedside manner that’s second to none. We pride ourselves on our compassion for the patient as well as our expertise in today’s plastic surgery technology.
If you desire to look younger or have a slimmer, more toned physique, contact PSI Miami now. Our doctors are experts in Botox injections in Miami for facial rejuvenation. They are also experts in creating the facial or bodily appearance you desire through surgery.
Click here to visit us online to learn more about how our facility can help you like what you see in the mirror, build better self-esteem and achieve your goals.