Plastic surgery has provided women with many rejuvenating services. From laser skin treatments to body sculpting, you are able to craft your ideal look. With the help of board certified plastic surgeons, women take advantage of options such as breast augmentations or breast lifts to achieve desired setting of the breast.
Average costs for such procedure are becoming more affordable, as Miami plastic surgeons may charge as little as $3,000. While they are becoming more inexpensive, you should make sure that you have a basic understanding as to what Breast Lifts are, how they different from enlargements, and what the procedure could entail.
What is a Breast Lift?
A method to simply restore the youthful appearance of the breast, women opt for breast lifts to attain perkier, rounder breast that are more visually pleasing. The results of motherhood or time have caused your breast to sit heavily and begin to droop or sag. With a breast implants, you can reposition your breast to not only sit higher, but fill out to be firmer and appear fuller; this makes for easier fitting with bras and swimsuits.
Allowing a certified plastic surgeon in Miami to assist you in your procedure, they can remove excess or stretched skin, reshape breast tissue, and reposition the nipple and areola into proper placement to achieve a seamless and natural contour of the breast. They can even reduce the size of the areola to add to the natural look of your breast.
Common reasons women choose breast lift surgery:
There can be several factors that lead women to seek breast lifts.
- You may wish to restore your breast after pregnancy and breast feeding. They both can have unwanted effects on the body once your child has finished breastfeeding such as shrinkage, roping, and sagging. You can undo these changes and continue to enhance you breast lift with the use of implants if desired.
- After a dramatic weight loss, your breast can also be left with excess skin and seem to hang somewhat lower. Breast lifts can provide a proportional fit to your new body weight and a lift to enhance your new curves.
- For those women who have always wanted a more supple bust line. It isn’t uncommon for many women seeking breast lifts to have been very flat chested since their teens. Taking the drooping breast and lifting them to desired position, women can enjoy the benefits of a rounder cup for the first time.
How to Tell if You Need a Breast Lift
The only real way to determine if a breast lift is right for you is to consult a well-known cosmetic surgeon in your Miami area; however, there are some questions you should ask yourself before and after your consultation that can help you decide if you are ready for breast reshaping.
- Have my nipples fallen into a position that causes them to point downward? Do my areola’ settle beneath my breast? The stretch of skin and lack of support will allow your breast to natural reshape themselves. At which point your areola and nipples may seem off-center or too far off from where they formerly sat. A breast lift can help you set them in place and provide a perkier look.
- Do I have issue with the contour of my breast and how they fit my bra? Are they evenly proportioned and symmetrical? While a breast lift alone will not dramatically alter the size of your breast, it will provide you the opportunity to shape them the way you wish and create a fuller effect with the proper contouring. This will provide you with a more comfortable fit with your bras; however, if you would like to alter your breast a cup size or so, breast lifts work great in collaboration with implants or reductions. As this procedure provides the opportunity to correct he breast, it allows for your plastic surgeon to further correct issues with the breast such as alignment.
Types of Breast Lifts
There are a variety of surgical options provided by Miami plastic surgeons to complete your ideal breast lift results. The options available for each patient will vary based on your existing amount of breast tissue, excess skin, and your goals with the procedure.
Crescent Lift: Minimal Scarring to Correct Minimal Sagging
The crescent lift is used for women who have very little need for correction but would like a higher, perkier breast with minimal scarring. With a tiny incision around the upper half of the areola, crescent lifts have become the best alternatives for those who opted for breast enlargement or reductions as well; however, this technique is not often used as there is a need to tighten and often reposition the areola.
Peri-Areolar or “Donut” Lift: Corrects Mild Sagging with a Single Scar
If you experience more sagging often select to have peri-areola lift; this entails having a circular incision around the areola and is similar to the crescent lift as it is best in collaboration with breast augmentation. Your providing cosmetic surgeon has the opportunity to also reduce the size of the areola. The result of such incisions is a slight trace of scarring around the areola.
Vertical or “Lollipop” Lift: Corrects Moderate Sagging & Provides More Extensive Reshaping
This is the most commonly used breast lift, allowing for easiest removal of excess fat, breast reshaping, and even breast augmentation with a seemingly natural look and very little scarring. This lift requires two incisions: one around the areola and the other vertically underneath the breast fold up to the areola.
Inverted T or “Anchor” Lift: Dramatic Reshaping to Correct Extensive Sagging
If you suffer from severe sagging, weak or loose breast, an Anchor Lift is the best choice as you undergo three incisions [the Lollipop incision along with another along the hidden fold of your breast] to remove the excess skin and even fat in the case of a reduction. This technique does come with some scarring; however, these lines can fade with proper care and are not visible within bikini tops.
The most efficient way to find out about which of these affordable breast lifts Miami are right for you is to consult your local plastic surgeon and have a brief discussion with them about these Breast Lift options. If you have consulted a board certified plastic surgeon, you are sure to be provided with a quality breast lift that provides long lasting results and a pleasing appearance.